Max capacity microSD an iphone can see via adapter

ZazayQua!? 21:58 16 Jun 2019

Hello I know that natively, iphones does not have a slot for a micro SD. However, there are adapters out there for this purpose. My question is what size (GB wise) can an iphone see through this adapter? I have asked around and it seems that no one knows the answer. I hope someone in this forum can help.

Thank you in advance.

john bunyan 19:11 17 Jun 2019

In this link it mentions 128gig on an SD card via the lightening to SD reader. It says fine for photos but issues with videos

SD card for iPhone

john bunyan 19:13 17 Jun 2019

PS go into the Q& A in the link - normal SD not micro

ZazayQua!? 19:24 17 Jun 2019

Thanks a lot John for your reply. I guess this adapter won't serve my purpose as I was planning on putting mp3's on the micro SD to use with my spare iphone 5.

john bunyan 19:51 17 Jun 2019

There are other adapters; probably worth looking at them (eg Amazon) and read the Q & A on each It is to do with IOS version 12 and above

ZazayQua!? 02:35 19 Jun 2019

I see this adapter below by fixget. According to the description, it should see 128 GB, but I asked a couple of questions and no one (including seller) seems to know haha. That's not promising :)

click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Beck album covers ranked – his best artwork from the '90s to now

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

iPhone SE 2 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs