Hot Topics

Making the Switch from Windows to Mac

GhulamAfzal11 22:41 24 Mar 2020
Answered

Hey everyone,

Firstly I hope you are all keeping safe and well amidst the Coronavirus outbreak. Please stay at home.

I currently have a Windows PC which is running Intel i& 6700 CPU overclocked at 4.00GHZ with 32GB RAM running with the AMD Radeon RX 480. I'm a wedding photographer/videographer and I'm hating how Adobe is making us pay monthly for Premier,Lightroom and Photoshop. Using all 3 is expensive however, my main issue is how a lot of my friends and people I follow on youtube use Final Cut Pro.

They say it works a lot better in terms of workflow and is a lot faster, my PC can play games at high resolution yet Premiere can still crash and have bugs etc.

I am wanting to make the switch to Mac OS but I have a dilemma. Do I purchase an older basic iMac 5K model such as the 2017 version and then upgrade the CPU and RAM rather than paying loads through apple. Or is it worth getting an older Macbook pro (similar year or 2015) and using that solely for my video editing and keeping my Windows setup?

Many thanks!

bremner 09:54 29 Mar 2020

The new iMac reported to be coming out this year will be a major and significant change to the current model and in reality the first for nearly 10 years.

GhulamAfzal11 03:30 03 Apr 2020

That is why I'm thinking of waiting and see what arrives. Rumpuured to not have the big bezel and potentially a bigger display and no more intel processors. Worst case scenario even if I don't like it I can always buy the older one hence my hesitation. There are loads on currently in the refurbished section which makes me wonder if the rumours are true.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huge discounts across Microsoft, HP, Acer & Asus in Amazon Summer Sale

The Best Keyboards for Designers and Artists

Appification is the real threat to the Mac

Bon plan Amazon : l’aspirateur robot RoboVac L70 Hybrid de Eufy à 379,99 €