Mail has gone offline, won’t come back on

Julian Michael Wulf Best 23:18 24 Jul 2018

Hi- I have inherited a circa 2012 iMac updated to Mac OSX ver 10.7.5 The email functions have worked well for ages but for some reason all accounts have now gone offline and won’t go online again. Any helpful hints or tips( I even tried deleting and reinstalling one of the accounts but that made no difference!) Many thanks ( ps I can still get mail on my iPhone and by logging on through google)

Forum Editor 15:22 29 Jul 2018

There obviously isn't a problem with your service provider's mailservers, or you wouldn't be able to access your mail via your phone, and in any case you say you can access your mailbox(es) via webmail.

Have you installed anything new by way of anti-virus or malware applications?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs