Macbook turns off with its hard drive connected.

MurdoTM 16:02 16 May 2018

Hope someone can help solve this one. I have a Macbook Pro A1425 that when turned on it does the chime & shows the apple logo & the loading bar fills up to about 50-75% of the way then the mac cuts out. If I remove the hard drive from the mac & try turning it on it stays on without cutting out but obviously wont boot without the hard drive connected. The mac uses an SSD that is connected to the motherboard via a a cradle under the touchpad, I have tried a new SSD but same results, tried a new cradle same results & even tried a new motherboard & same results. So I am a bit lost as to what could be causing the issue of it cutting out with SSD installed but stays on when its removed. Anyone got any suggestions before I put it to the scrap pile?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL