Hot Topics

Is MacBook Pro really that good?

rickf 09:58 18 Jun 2020

Hi Am thinking of switching t Mac book pro. Is really really better given the hefty price? An which version shall I go for. Thinking a second hand one, 2016, 1017? Info appreciated.

wee eddie 10:08 18 Jun 2020

Mac's are frequently used as a Status Symbol.

However, if you are needing to use your machine for editing or Art (all varieties) they are said to have the edge. Mac's used to be safer than Windows but, now that is debateable. If you are a total Newbie to Computing, the Mac GUI is said to be easier to grasp.

wee eddie 10:11 18 Jun 2020

Screwed up my editing again.

Please insert: 'for editing Music or Art (all varieties)'

HondaMan 12:36 18 Jun 2020

"It just works" is a phrase often used to describe Macs. I bought my first MacBook about 5 years ago simply to try it out to see if I liked the system. Got it second-hand from Morgan Computers and paid £500 for it. A year later, I bought one for mt wife, A year later, again I bought 2 MacBook Pro's at a cost of about £4500. I also have a 27" iMac sitting on my desk, so,

Are they good?, YES

Are they worth it, YES

I run Windows XP, 7 and 10 in virtual machines on my iMac all without any problems for the odd app that is not available in MacOSX, but they aren't many. Try running MacOSX on a Windows machine ............

bremner 16:48 18 Jun 2020

I am in total agreement with HondaMan.

I converted to Macs about 15 years ago and never regretted it. Yes they are expensive but offer great VFM, depreciating in value much much slower than any other make.

My office used and abused MacBooks and their reliability was second to none. My 2012 iMac Is used everyday and is as good as new and my daughters MacBook Pro is on its second degree course.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 4a review

Apple updates the 27-inch iMac for 2020 with 10th-gen chips and a new screen

Greg Joswiak replaces Phil Schiller as Apple SVP of Marketing

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour animaux (2020)