MacBook Pro os x reboot problem

Sambob85 20:33 08 Oct 2015

I just bought a fully functioning, late 2008 Mac book pro off a friend. I wanted to perform a factory reset and so I followed a you tube video and went ahead. I held cmd and S whilst restarting, entered a couple of codes and rebooted. When it rebooted it played the space themed welcome video, then I chose the language ect, connected to wifi, Apple ID and finally created a user account with password. When I press continue, I wait a few seconds, the screen turns grey for a moment and then returns to the beginning of the set up where it asks for the language selection. The MacBook is now stuck in a seemingly never ending loop. Please can someone advise what to do next. Thanks

Macworld 12:45 12 Oct 2015

Do you have the original discs that came with the machine? Do you know what version of Mac OS X it is running? Does it get a mention in the start up, I am trying to remember which OS had the space theme at start up... It's going back a long way!

When you said you entered a couple of codes, where did you get these codes?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

MacBook Air 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)