Macbook pro not booting, black screen

deflow32 09:45 22 Jun 2019

I have a macbook pro 2011 which is no longer booting up and leaves me with a black screen when i press the power button. The harddrive seems to be running as it is making a light buzzing sound and the sleep indicator light does light up. The device seems to be charging as it gives me a green light when plugged in. i tried doing SMC Reset and MBP boot which also did not do anything.

Jollyjohn 10:08 22 Jun 2019

Dos it chime when you try and boot? Try holding down Option + Command + R for several seconds. This will attempt to connect to the internet recovery option. Check the ports and see if you hook up an external monitor click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Is it safe to use NordVPN?

Hell or Habito? Why a mortgage startup branded itself through some sick animation

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleurs écrans pour PC (2019)