MacBook Pro 2012 having trouble booting up

Cnimetty 08:13 10 Apr 2018

Hi can any on give me some advice I have a MacBook Pro 2012 it is running high Sierra the thing is when I try to boot it with the hard drive in the laptop it won’t boot I keep getting a circle with a line through it like a no entry sign but if I take hard drive out and use it as a usb drive through the USB port it boots fine could it be the data cable in the Mac being knackered

HondaMan 08:23 10 Apr 2018

Go to the "Apple" icon, top left > About this Mac, and check which disk the computer is set to start from.

Cnimetty 08:39 10 Apr 2018

The drive I’m trying to boot from is the only drive available it has been booting up fine untill last weekend then it wouldn’t boot properly all the time it’s connected to the internal data cable it seem to start to boot then I get the Apple logo like I should then I get the circle with the line through it so I took the hard drive out of the MacBook and put it into a usb enclosure and boot it from one of the USB ports on the side of the MacBook and it boots as it should

HondaMan 14:51 11 Apr 2018

Th from is incorrecte circle and liner, I think, mean that no operating system can be found. This is clearly not correct as the disk boots successfully when used externally. To me this suggests that your setting as to which disk the computer should boot from is incorrect

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?