Hot Topics

MacBook Pro 13" 2015 very quiet aux

geg1992 15:47 02 Apr 2020

Hi all,

I've just bought a used MacBook Pro 2015 13 inch screen.

All was great until I plugged in my headphones and they're barely audible.

Volume is at max, the YouTube, spotify etc are all at max and I have checked in preferences sound that the headphones volume is at max there too.

I have also plugged in my speakers and tried various resets that people have mentioned on the forums that I have read so far.

No luck :( Starting to think it might be the aux port its self. The previous owner is saying they never used it so it can't be broken. Tempted to just send it back and get a full refund, but it's a slow process and I've set up all my stuff now. I also got it for a cheap price, presumably because of the current virus.

Any other suggestions please? Or worst case, in the UK, how much is the AUX replacement?

Many thanks,

Forum Editor 17:49 02 Apr 2020

"Starting to think it might be the aux port its self"

Have you cleaned out the aux port? I'm sure you have, but its worth mentioning. They can accumulate dust and fluff over the years, and I notice that the previous owner didn't use the port.

wee eddie 18:00 02 Apr 2020

Push the plug, in and out several times. Although there should be no oxides on the contacts, as FE suggested, there may be some deposit on them

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Why you can't get the Windows 10 May update yet

Inspiring Creative Projects in response to Pandemic & Protest

Upcoming 11in iPad Air to switch Lightning for USB-C

Déconfinement : tout savoir sur l’application StopCovid