Macbook Air A1466 (EMC 2925) doesn't turn on

lilgul 07:44 07 Jun 2019

I last used my Macbook a few hours ago. The battery was low when I turned it off. Right now it doesn't turn on. The light on the adapter is on (orange) and so far I have tried pressing the power button for 10 seconds and then trying to turning it on and also I tried resetting the SMC. When I release the buttons (Ctrl+Shift+Options+Start) after 10 seconds, the light on the adapter turns green for a second and goes back to orange. I can not hear the fan and none of the keyboard backlights turn on and there hasn't been any changes to my Macbook hardware or software recently. There are no apple stores in my city so I would really appreciate any help.

Govan1x 15:31 10 Jun 2019

Same thing, but just hold down Shift+Control+Option+Power for 4 seconds then release them.

Then press the power button to start.

Govan1x 15:39 10 Jun 2019

Now this has worked so worth a try.

unplug the charger from the wall, and the adapter from the laptop and wait for a few minutes. Then try again.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 review

Inside the new Apple Mac Pro: an in-depth look at Apple’s most powerful hardware yet

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Apple MacBook Pro 16 pouces : prix et fiche technique