Hot Topics

MacBook Air 10th-Gen or MacBook Pro 8th-Gen???

Marisema 15:37 13 Jul 2020

Hi guys, can you advise which notebook is a better buy in your opinion?

MacBook Air 2020 10th-Gen 1.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM

or

MacBook Pro 8th-generation 1.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM

I already have a company iMac and wanted to buy a solid laptop for personal use/out of office work. I would need to use it mostly for web browsing, Zoom group conference calls, work with Dropbox, Microsoft Office - heavy use, managing my diary/finances/personal things, storing photos, basic photo editing, etc. I initially chose the MacBook Air but now considering to upgrade as most people on the internet say that MacBook Pro is better value and will last longer (?). Do you think that's the case? What would you get? Any recommendations will be much appreciated.

Also, do you think it's worth getting Applecare with the laptop?

Thanks!!!

mgmcc 14:34 15 Jul 2020

I have read a couple of articles recently advising against buying the basic MacBook Pro with the 8th gen processor. Either go with the new MacBook Air or, if you need the features of the Pro, go for the new 2020 one with 10th gen processor.

This 2020 Pro has 16GB of RAM, 512GB of storage and four Thunderbolt ports instead of two. See this article

Applecare is up to you. I have personally never been a fan of extended warranties.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 4a review

Zarin Baksh magickally merges the female form with fantasy

New iMac 2020 release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour animaux (2020)