MacAfee Virus scan update

Epirb406 20:49 01 Oct 2003

Hi all, this is a transfer from helpromm, wasn't sure where was the right place to put it, maybe here is best!

I have MacAfee virus scan for which the updates have expired. I have tried to purchase another year on the web.

MacAfee have sent me an order number and bank details and asked me to make a bank tranfer to their account.

Is this normal, everything else I have paid for on the web has been by credit card.

Probably legit but would like to hear from someone who has done it.

Thanks, Epirb.

Green 1 00:50 02 Oct 2003

When my updates stopped I went to the home site and clicked on downloads, went to the bottom of the page to where it says something like version 4. ??? or higher, clicked on that and a box comes up with the latest dat files, clicked on the one I wanted Eg 4295 and you then get the opportunity to download the dat files manually, Takes a little longer but they are free. Hope this helps.

Epirb406 19:22 02 Oct 2003

Will try suggestions but busy tonight, cheers for advice, will post again when resolved.

Cheers, Epirb.

Epirb406 16:29 05 Oct 2003

Hi all, thanks for help, the solution....

Went back to the web site to see if I could find a way to pay by CC. On the grounds of a question they asked on the website I checked out my copy of the program and somehow it was registered as an evaluation copy, not correct as it was bought in a box!

To solve this I unistalled it, cleaned theregistry and reinstalled. I now seem to have full access to updates and am happy but slightly confused.

Thanks for all help and assistance,

Cheers all, Epirb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Asus ROG Phone review

How Esports branding got a brand new look

How to stop your iPhone, iPad or Mac getting hacked

Comment regarder les Oscars 2019 ?