Mac can't connect to iCloud

martinbaker2727 13:25 07 Dec 2018

For several days when I open my Mail, I get a pop-up saying "This Mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with (my old e-mail address) Open preferences to fix this problem." Then I have the option of clicking on "Later" or "iCloud preferences." I have tried to do as suggested but I can't get anywhere because it still shows my old e-mail address and I can't find a place to change it. I probably had the old address then but there must be somewhere to change it. I'm sure I'm not the only one to change e-mail servers.

HondaMan 21:18 07 Dec 2018

I think you will need to create another (new) iCloud identity using you new email address, then transfer from old to new

wee eddie 23:52 07 Dec 2018

I don't know why you're bothering. You can buy a tiny FM RADIO on eBay for £8

Pine Man 15:39 08 Dec 2018

wee eddie

Do you have the faintest idea what either a Mac or iCloud is?

nateliv 22:14 09 Dec 2018

On the left hand side, under your picture (youmay not have one) you see your name and underneath that, your email address. Bottom of that column is a Sign Out button. Click it and signout of that iCloud account. Now sign back in using your new email address, the one associated with your Apple ID.

The above assumes that you changed the email address of your Apple ID when you got rid of the old email address.

hope that helps

Bluestacks TextNow VPN

wee eddie 23:01 09 Dec 2018

Pine Man: I was on my phone and it appears to have posted into the wrong Thread.

In answer to your question. Yes I am fully aware of what a Mac is, and also iCloud.

As someone who considers the Cloud inherently unsafe. I have a NAS Drive for my Home Network

Pine Man 07:58 10 Dec 2018

I was on my phone and it appears to have posted into the wrong Thread.

In which case, aplogies for my facetious comment.

martinbaker2727 13:08 10 Dec 2018

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch