Locking Images on MS Word Doc

MatraSimca 23:58 24 Apr 2018

I’m looking for a way to lock down various different header and footer images to an MS Word Document. I find that when I send the document to others to read their systems whether they use a Mac or a PC tends to push these headers and footer images downwards where they overlap each other on subsequent pages and then messes up my paragraph structure.

If I save the Word Doc into a PDF format then automatic borders in the PDF program do the same things and delete parts of these images. Is there a PDF program that won’t do this or a way to lock down these images? I want the document to look the same for whomever views it on whichever system they use. Thank you.

AroundAgain 13:13 25 Apr 2018

I've just Google'd "anchor image and caption ms word" and got these hits - see here - click here, something there will help. Otherewise modify the search term to be more accurate for your needs

Hopefully

MatraSimca 18:53 25 Apr 2018

well I don't want to attach the images to any text, I want to make it part of the document like its a locked-in background header and footer image. I'm doing this with a Mac and the Anchor option isn't there under the Format Picture submenu, so any other suggestions?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

Illustrator Rose Blake gives a kid-friendly update for David Hockney's art guide A History of…

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Comment afficher des sous-titres sur Netflix ?