Keyboard for old Apple MAC

[DELETED] 08:50 16 Oct 2003

A friend has a 5 yr old Apple Mac whose keyboard has keys which no longer work. A new keyboard ordered from the Apple Store did not fit. His keyboard is unusual in that it could be completely dismantled by undoing a trillion little screws.

But after repeated cleaning of the keys and the critical contact circuits printed on two plastic sheets beneath the keys and re-assembly, the same 4/5 keys in a group still do not function.

Does anyone know where we could get a second hand working Apple Mac keyboard of the same vintage? This will enable him to continue to do his work while I help him to select and order a suitable Windows PC.

Many thanks in anticipation of any help offered.

[DELETED] 11:49 16 Oct 2003

click here Try this link and type in "UK APPLE MAC KEYBOARDS". Not cheap.

[DELETED] 12:04 16 Oct 2003

Thanks smegs;
He got a new keyboard but apparently that does not fit. I went the same route but could only find new keyboards.

Anyone know where I can source second hand which may be more of the same vintage as his Mac and so will fit?

I have zero knowledge of Apple Mac kit!!

[DELETED] 08:53 17 Oct 2003

Anyone know of any sources for 2nd hand or older Mac kit please?

[DELETED] 15:19 17 Oct 2003

bump>

[DELETED] 15:36 17 Oct 2003

I have a friend who has an Apple Mac computer complete. He has now changed over to a PC. How much are you looking to pay for the lot?

[DELETED] 15:55 17 Oct 2003
  [DELETED] 16:26 17 Oct 2003

what model is the mac i have 2 spare keyboards for free if ya wanna (xcept 4 P&P) ??

[DELETED] 17:14 17 Oct 2003

the big budina;
Many thanks indeed!! I just hope its the same model as (shock horror!) I'm finding out that different age of Macs needs different keyboards with/without mouse connectors!!

If its the same, please do send me a mail and we can proceed offline.

mdshamilton;
Thank you as well. I went onto the site and searched but did not find anything suitable. However its a useful site to know!

pj123;
Thank you too (or is that 2)! :)
He's a retired gentlemen so would obviously opt for the more economic option, and also too proud to accept gifts from myself.

Thanks all!

[DELETED] 17:16 17 Oct 2003

Good on yer mate. I have a German keyboard for an Apple which I would have offered for the postage, but it probably wouldn't be much good for him.

[DELETED] 17:21 17 Oct 2003

Too many "0"s ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

16 illustration tips for packaging

Best external graphics cards (eGPUs) for Mac

Les meilleurs antivirus pour Mac (2018)