jPhone 5s with no service

Govan1x 13:30 22 Nov 2019
Answered

My old iphone 5s stopped working properly with a sign of no service. Went to mobile data and it says it has to be updated first. But it has the latest update or so it says.

Tried switching it off completely then back on and no difference.

My wifes phone works fine with the same mobile provider. Tried removing the sim and then putting it back in with no difference.

Anyone any ideas as what to try next.

Govan1x 13:34 22 Nov 2019

Just checked and it has the latest apple update.

x13 14:20 22 Nov 2019

Maybe the aerial has died? Hopefully not but this happened to my son's iPhone 6.

wee eddie 14:34 22 Nov 2019

So, what's the problem. It may have the latest update and that may have caused a fault.

Re-Update it - Shouldn't take long.

Govan1x 16:10 22 Nov 2019

Cant Re-Update it. it just says it has the latest update and does nothing.

BRYNIT 17:09 22 Nov 2019
Answer

It could be a software or even a hardware problem due to its age. This video CLICK HERE will show you how to backup your iphone if needed and then how to restore your iphone with the latest update using itunes.

Govan1x 17:31 22 Nov 2019

Thanks BRYNIT

Just discovered that iCloud was backing the phone up.I Don't remember doing that. I suppose I must have made up a password and user name for it. I don't suppose it would be the same as the apple one.

Bit busy just now but will have a closer look in a few hours time.

Govan1x 20:14 22 Nov 2019

Ok thanks for all the info. Managed to get it fixed using iTunes.

Did not have a clue to what i was actually doing but seem to have done something right

Just one of those days when nothing goes right.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The new Xbox is called the Xbox Series X

The best new design books

Mac Pro 2019 release date, price, features & specs

Amazon : plein de r├ęductions sur des produits Logitech G