Is it worth buying a 20” Core 2 Duo iMac these day

mik61ish 22:50 10 Aug 2018

I have seen these for sale $70.00 NZD which would equate to about £35.00

20” Core 2 Duo iMac’s – I’ll have to check the exact model but most likely the Mid-2007. These can only run El Capitan so may not be of use to the Apple enthusiast. 2.66 Core 2 Duo 4GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive Geforce 9400

Would this be any good these days or would it be to slow as I don't know whether you can upgrade to run an up to date OS or would it not run say latest browsers?

Pine Man 11:54 11 Aug 2018

Have a look at this site. I doubt that you will be able to run El Capitan and virtually none todays apps will run.

click here

simonjary 10:01 12 Aug 2018

It really depends on what you want to do with it. It should be ok for web browsing, email, and general office tasks if it includes a basic word processor, spreadsheet etc.

At that cost it might be worth trying out!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL