iPhone won't sync from iMac due to iCloud Music

PoshMac 04:15 25 Nov 2015

iPhone won't sync from iMac due to iCloud Music (will iCloud Library save my playlists from Apple Music)

So... I seem to have the same problem as everyone else, and I have read tons and tons of ideas on how to solve this, but still without finding a solution.

So... I have a very large music library (50.000+ songs), so I can not use iTunes Match, and see no idea in it, as I have no need to have access to my whole library on my iphone and iPad - only on my iMac, on which it is already located.

Good! So far everything is OK.

Then... I use Apple Music on my iphone, and it works fine - I do not use it on my iMac, so that's fine too, BUT... Alongside my Apple Music content on my iPhone, i would like to have some of the music from my iMac that is NOT available on Apple Music, right? (like say Mike Oldfield's AMAROK-album) But I can not sync this to my iPhone due to the iCloud Music Library is turned on.

OK. So... what the frack do I do? I have seen almost everywhere, that I can "just turn off iCloud Music library on the iphone", right! but that will delete all the content I have in my Apple Music playlists.

The question I have is like this: If I turn OFF iCloud Music Library it will delete all the Apple Music content on my iPhone, and I can then sync my iMac-stuff onto my iPhone, BUT... when I turn back on my iCloud Music library, what will then happen? Will it have kept my music AND playlists in the cloud, so I can just re-download these? or will I have to find everything once again and make my playlists? THIS is the question I haven't been able to find an answer to.

Quite litterally: WILL MY APPLE MUSIC PLAYLISTS BE SAVED IN THE CLOUD FOR RE-DOWNLOAD when the button is activated again.

If so, I have no worries about turning it OFF, syncing locally to my iMac, and then turning it back ON again, but I wouldn't be happy, if I would have to find each song once again on Apple Music, and re-organize everything once more.

Does anyone know what I mean? Are you with me on this? and does anyone have an answer or a solution?

I have Start New blog on Iphone Sync and Back, You may visit to take help, Also you can Backup iphone contacts very easily. Visit click here for Help

Macworld 11:01 26 Nov 2015

I've asked one of our contributors to look into this as it seems to be quite a major issue if what you say it true. Will keep you posted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)