iPhone Mail app not displaying all messages

zanyojimbo 18:33 18 Nov 2017

Hi everyone! I am currently using an iPhone SE with iOS 10.3.3. Sometimes, appartently randomly, the Apple Mail app does not show some emails in the inbox. They can be retrieved if I use the search bar (for example, for the sender or the subject) - but of course I don't usually know I have a missing email, so that's a great issue to me, as I end up missing the email completely. The emails display fine on my desktop (on Outlook) and online. This happened to any account I have logged on Mail (gmail, hotmail, one work and one university account), apparently randomly and - I hope! - not so often.

All the accounts are set to unlimited (or very high) temporal length, and the emails are just in the middle of others, so I don't think it's a temporal issue. If that can help, after I search for the mail and click on it, I can see that no recipient is displayed in the bar (though of course my email address should be displayed there)

Please, any hint/though appreciated, thanks!

jaritch 07:08 20 Nov 2017

First thing I would do is update to ios 11

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts