Iphone broken screen. Can not enter passcode.

BryndisER 00:12 14 Oct 2015

The right half of the screen on my iphone stopped working so I can not enter my passcode. I have a lot of pictures on there that I do not want to lose. I've tried to plug it into my computer but itunes won't open it unless I put in the passcode on the screen. I have been searching for a way to crack into the phone without using the passcode but that requires me to restore it but then I lose all my pictures. Does anyone have a magic solution for me?

Macworld 13:26 14 Oct 2015

How long have you had the phone and what model is it? I'm wondering if Apple will be able to help you if you go along to a store. They must encounter this sort of thing all the time with people breaking their displays.

Forum Editor 09:07 07 Jan 2016

"I've tried to plug it into my computer but itunes won't open it unless I put in the passcode on the screen."

Have you previously synced your phone with iTunes? If you have, your photos will be in a backup folder on your computer's hard drive. In Windows, search for a folder called mobilesync\backup

You'll need to change the file extensions back to .jpg and you'll have the original images.

If you don't have an iTunes or Cloud backup, your best bet is Macworld's suggestion - go to your local Apple store. They'll recover the images for you. I suggest you take a blank USB memory stick when you go.

wee eddie 19:12 09 Jan 2016

How about replacing the screen!

EugeneSherbin 09:28 13 Jan 2016

How about replacing the screen!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)