iomega mac companion not mounting

Sam Boszor 18:57 20 Apr 2019

I have been using this hard drive on 10.10.5 Mac Pro for years. Then I accidentally pulled the USB cable out while it was running. Now it shows as not mounted in the disk utility and it refuses to mount even with sudo terminal commands, but the name still shows on the disk utility window. It seems to be running something, I can hear and feel the drive clicking, and the error messages suggest that the drive is busy. How can I kill all the programs in this drive so I can unmount it and start over?

bremner 17:58 21 Apr 2019

Have you tried running Disk Utility First Aid over the drive?

Sam Boszor 19:29 21 Apr 2019

Yes, many times, hoping that whatever pocess the iomega drive was running would have stopped. I always get "can't repair this disk" "back up your data and reformat the disk". The disk IS my data backup. Thanks for the response.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

Apple logo creator Rob Janoff reveals his tips on design success - and the surprise influences on…

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)