iMac saving files to mine and hubbys pc help

broadpaws 08:32 17 Apr 2018

Hello can anyone help me, when I am saving files on my iMac it’s all good, BUT they keep appearing on hubbys iMac (in same room) if he deletes from his it deletes from mine. Can you please help me so what I save stays on mine. Also can I disable the dcim thingy, I used to just save tomfiles and keep them all over my desktop, but now it seems to save to dcim place and I drag them out.

mgmcc 16:34 17 Apr 2018

BUT they keep appearing on hubbys iMac (in same room) if he deletes from his it deletes from mine

Are your files all saved to iCloud and do you share the same Apple ID? This might explain why both iMacs are synchronising file saves/deletes.

Also can I disable the dcim thingy

The DCIM folder is used by digital cameras to store the pics they take. Although the folder is required on the memory card used in the camera, you can move the pictures from the card to the iMac without having to use the DCIM folder.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment utiliser l’Apple Store Éducation ?