iMac Power won't power down

[email protected] 12:37 29 Nov 2015

After migrating my old iMac (from Time Machine backup) to my new iMac it won't shut down fully, I go through the shut down routine but I'm left with a dark screen and an arrow cursor. I can only power off by holding the power button down. Any similar experiences and fixes?

Macworld 10:12 30 Nov 2015

We have this article on our website that explains what to do if your Mac won't shut down and some of the bugs that might cause that behaviour, perhaps it will help? click here

[email protected] 12:19 30 Nov 2015

Thanks for that. I had seen this article already and informative though it is, it doesn't hold the key. I used to be able to Apple/Shut Down and that was that. Now I have to Apple/Log Out/Shutdown; not much of an inconvenience but irritating.

Macworld 11:19 01 Dec 2015

It strikes me that something is missing from the shutdown process, perhaps lost in the migration... Or perhaps a process is still running in the background, reindexing Spotlight or something?

I was just looking at this discussion on the Apple forum, might hold some clues: click here

[email protected] 19:04 01 Dec 2015

Thanks for the referral to the Apple forum. Interesting contributions. I don't use File Vault but there nay be a background process running. I'll investigate that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL