iBooks not working on new iPhone 5S

Guest 7670 13:29 20 Apr 2018

I recently bought an unlocked 64 gb iPhone 5S to replace my (even older) 16 gb iPhone 5S, both using iOS 11.3. I carried out Restore from Backup in iTunes on this MacBook Air, and carried out Update iCloud Settings. I have about 30 audiobooks (all of them bought from Audible.org), and perhaps for that reason the process took in all about 3 days.

The changeover has been successful, with this exception. The transfer of the audiobooks has been incomplete, and iBooks has become unstable. Sometimes, the list of audiobooks is incomplete,sometimes I cannot play an audiobook, and sometimes when I launch iBooks there is no menu, but only a screen-sized image of the dust-cover of 1 of the audiobooks. How can I rectify this ?

mgmcc 12:10 22 Apr 2018

Your old phone only had 16 GB of storage so if restoring its data from backup to a new phone took 3 days then something was clearly corrupt. Can you still backup the old phone again and use this new backup to transfer data to the new phone?

Whenever I have got a new iPhone I have set it up by restoring a backup of the previous phone and it only takes a few minutes. One requirement is that both phones must be using the same version of iOS.

Guest 7670 16:43 22 Apr 2018

Thank you, but I have to a great extent given up on this one. I now find that, without having got to the bottom of what has gone wrong, I can get the great majority of my audiobooks to work for me, and trying to resolve this has taken hours every day for the past week, time that I simply cannot afford. So thank you again, but I shall not pursue this further.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Frida Kahlo's life, art and legacy explored in Google's new giant online collection and app

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?