I have an I pod Classic problem

john bunyan 12:09 24 Dec 2017
Answered

I have an I Pod classic on which are many cd's ripped. It is semi permanently on a radio / ipod player. It works fine. However I just tried to add another rip of a Christmas CD,but all my music became greyed out, and it kept showing as G Drive. My I tunes 12 is bang up to date as is my desktop. I have tried Googling to no avail. In the end I used my I Phone - all my music is backed up on the PC. I will see if there is a new pod that is similar, but I think this has 120 Gig. Any advice?

john bunyan 13:55 24 Dec 2017
Answer

With the help of Mr Google, I seem to have fixed it. At first it reverted to Japanese and lost everything, then I found how to get English, then eventually ran a disc check and in the end it appeared as a new I Pod. Put all stuff back on. Working well. I use it up and downstairs on I pod / DAB FM radios instead of a CD Player. Cant understand why Apple stopped making them - 120 Gig is great for music storage, and I don't want to keep the phone hooked up to the player. Could use Bluetooth to PC I suppose , but the Classic is what I want .My phone only has 16 Gig anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

This new tool dramatically improves workflow between designers and developers

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Les meilleurs VPN gratuits (2018)