Hot Topics

I can't use my external microphone.

notatechnerd2008 21:38 17 Feb 2020

Hi. I am having problems with my internal microphone. It is is selected but the thing is it won't detect noise. Since it stopped working, I got a new external microphone and plugged it into my mac's headphone port and I changed it so the port is used for sound input and then I connect my mic. It works. I can talk through it but I cant hear anything back even though I selected the port for sound input. When I plug the external mic in the purpose of the port changes to something along the lines of ''use port for headphones with microphones.'' What can I do about this?

Thanks,

wee eddie 16:20 18 Feb 2020

Which model Mac are you plugging your Mic into?

notatechnerd2008 18:37 18 Feb 2020

Mid 2010 MacBook

wee eddie 19:21 18 Feb 2020

I'm no Mac Guru but I'd put my money on the possibility that you're using the wrong plug for the job and connections are not being made

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)