I Can' Get Anything From App Store.

morddwyd 21:49 03 Jan 2018

This question is so silly I'm almost ashamed to ask it!

Trying to get something from app store I get a dialog saying that as this is anew device I must confirm m derails.

No prob'em with that, except phone number. It simply isn't accepted. I've tried every number I can think of, but they are all rejected. I can only assime I got my number wrong when I registered.

How can I get into my account to update it?

I can't re-register as it says there is already an account in that name. I only have the one Apple device.

The app I want is a freebie (BBC News) so it'snot a question of laymen details

canarieslover 11:09 07 Jan 2018

I can only suggest a visit ti an Apple store if you have one near you. They should be the people to sort it out.

john bunyan 11:44 07 Jan 2018

Also, if you can’t get easily to an Apple store, telephone the nearest one and ask for technical help. You should be put through to a call centre who will help. Have the date of purchase and the serial no handy.

bremner 13:04 07 Jan 2018

click here and go to the Apple ID section where you can live chat with an Apple support person

morddwyd 10:50 08 Jan 2018

Thanks for the responses, and thank you for prompting them FE.

I'm afraid thee telephone is pretty much a non-starter with me, and in live chat my responses are so slow that I nearly always get timed out.

However, there are some new links suggested which I will try. Most of the ones I have tried so far loop me back into the "review" dialogue already mentioned, and a block at the number field.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts