How to transfer CD's on old iTunes to iPod Nano

iChas945 11:00 14 Dec 2015

Is it possible to load the CDs (that I put on iTunes years ago) onto an iPod Nano from iTunes 9.0.3(15) on an old MacBook (OS 10.5.8)? This is my last chance as later versions of iTunes have deleted all that precious music, so I don't want to get it wrong!

HondaMan 11:03 21 Dec 2015

I would copy the old stuff first into a new folder on your desktop, then do a sync via iTunes. That should copy all the old stuff onto the new iPod. I have used this method before and it works.

Note: Copy, not backup

Macworld 11:50 04 Jan 2016

Like HondaMan says, best thing is to drag all the music into a folder on your desktop so you have a back up there that you can then move to your new computer. It's a lot harder to get music off an iPod than it is onto the iPod, so I fear that even if you got it on the iPod you'd not be able to get it off again easily, or sync that device again. Back up your music, move to the new Mac and new iTunes, and reimport the music by dragging it back into iTunes.

iChas945 12:18 04 Jan 2016

I found the folder and put it on a megaGig USB key. Then it's a bit tricky adding that 'Music' to the new Mac. Had to trash its music folder. But now it's all up and working, so thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

2019's best up-and-coming illustrators

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment utiliser une manette PS4 ou Xbox One sur votre Mac ?