How to remove configuration profile

rhiannon98 01:43 14 Feb 2019

I have been given an iPad 6th generation from my university, however it is installed with some settings that put restrictions on what I can do. I’ve compeltely reset the iPad a few times and made a new iCloud account, however in the settings menu above my name and Apple ID etc there is still a message about how my university has control of my iPad. How can I reset my iPad so it would as it is when bought in a shop?

bremner 18:37 14 Feb 2019

If this device is loaned to you by the University and you do not own it, they clearly want to restrict the use of the iPads by those to whom they are provided.

Is it appropriate to suggest how this could be defeated when you do not actually own the device?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Inside the redesign of the world's largest computer games platform, Steam

Apple TV Plus streaming service launch, release date and price

Apple TV+ : date de sortie, prix et catalogue