Heat Generation During Daily Activities, 7 And X.

br3w3r 21:04 27 Jun 2018

When browsing sites like iMore, Macrumors, IGN, and other places similar I can feel heat below the camera, the temp in the room varies room 70-75 Fahrenheit, and my co-workers temp gun read the phone at a max of 92 degrees in the office. Yesterday evening just trying to use it outside it hit easily over 98 degrees and was 80 degrees out but at this time I was trying to load a page and it wouldnt load so I was forced to use Airplane mode.

Guess I am wondering if anyone else has had this? And can anyone feel underneath the camera while doing moderate browsing for 5 - 10 minutes, (flipping between sites decently quick, and loading some posts and scrolling quickly) also try with and without an adblocker if possible.

I would be enternally grateful if someone else had a temp gun or could test and see if gets warm doing what i described above...

P.S. Happens on two iPhones, personal is iPhone X ATT, Work is iPhone 7 Verizon

P.S.S. I mostly feel it when pressing the phone against my cheek...

I just want to know if its normal or if there is something else going on with the phones here...

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Climate change, War and #MeToo: 'Ugly Truth' Christmas jumpers show the dark side to modern life

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Samsung Galaxy S10 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs