Flask and Sleeping bag or Time machine ?

Howard. 20:37 29 Mar 2003

Hello to all,

ALDI and
TIME have both brought out a new Computer this week click here and click here
They both look cracking machines and both of them have got the features that I'm looking for.
I want to network a new one and this one as I am about to relegate my Mesh to my son and seeing that we have broadband it seems a good idea,

anybody got any advice for me before I take the plunge..?

many thanks to all that reply.

Howard. 20:43 29 Mar 2003

Sorry the link to Aldi is click here

wee eddie 20:51 29 Mar 2003

Your link should be to aldi-stores.co.uk.

There have had very few complaints about Medion built PC's here and a lot about their value for money.

Time PC's are a frequent visitor to the site.

This does not necessarily mean that the one is necessarily any better or worse than the other, but might be regarded as a useful guide.

graham 20:53 29 Mar 2003

Could you re-phrase your assessment, please?

wee eddie 21:15 29 Mar 2003

Just pointing out a perceived disparity in the postings here.

Personally I would be only to happy with either

Qmar 22:13 29 Mar 2003

..one doesnt have a stereo tv tuner

woodchip 22:59 29 Mar 2003

It does not say anything about a monitor at the Aldi site

A15 23:57 29 Mar 2003

From PC World. One of their £799 offers. 2.5ghz Processor 512mb memory & all the trimmings. Did not need a monitor as I already have a 17in. In my opinion it is excellent. Was great value for money & has so far been no trouble. Only had one problem & that was a DVD drive failure, they asked no questions & sent out an engineer to replace it!

Howard. 00:10 30 Mar 2003

Thanks for that....I reckon I may have made my mind up, looks like a sleeping bag job ! I have tried to evaluate both systems, but only Medion seems to use the big names as far as components are concerned, and I do know that the Medion customer service support is very good,
thanks for your input,

Bagsey 10:07 30 Mar 2003

My friend got one of the Aldi Machines last time they were out, about 6 weeks ago and it is a VERY good machine . One point though! you will not get a 3.5 floppy disc drive. This caused him some concern at first???

ZnO 10:47 30 Mar 2003

As a Medion owner, and well chuffed with mine i am too.That price that spec you would be mad to miss out!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?