File sharing problem between accounts

OliverMoose 22:23 26 Nov 2018

I have two accounts set up on my macbook pro, and I've set the Shared folder as 'read and write' for all users. If I go into Sharing within System Preferences the Shared folder is set to 'read and write' for everyone. And same again if I go into Get Info for the Shared folder (and folders within Shared).

But, if I open a Word file that was created by the other account, it says 'read only ...'

Is there some other setting that I don't know about? How do I share files between accounts so they can be read and write? Cheers.

OliverMoose 00:33 27 Nov 2018

Okay. I found it. Within setting in Get Info there's a 'apply to enclosed items' check-box. Solved.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch