Excel Macro button

Simsy 15:10 22 Nov 2003

Hi folks,
I have a simple sheet that has one simple macro.

I have the macro running from a command button. What I want to do is have the command button stay in the same place on the screen, so that if the sheet is scrolled, (which it will be, often and a significant amount), the button stays where it is so that it can be used.
Is this possible? If so how?

Alternatively, I could have it running via a button on a toolbar, but I only want this button/toolbar to be associated with this workbook. Is this possible? If so how?

Excel 2000 running on Win98se

Many thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

pj123 15:32 22 Nov 2003

That's a good question. I have the same type of thing on one of my excel progs, but I have given it a keyboard shortcut so wherever I am on the worksheet I just use "Ctrl + o" or whatever the shortcut is and it runs the macro. It would be interesting to know if the "button" could remain visible on the screen all the time.

I am sure that there are other ways but the way that I use is to use the Freeze panes facility for the window and place the button(s) in the top pane.

HTH

VoG II 16:51 22 Nov 2003

I do the same as Whisperer.

The alternative is to create a floating toolbar (with only one button) that is created in an Auto_Open macro. You then need to be sure to remove it on exit in an Auto_Close macro.

Simsy 19:37 22 Nov 2003

I hadn't thought putting it within the frozen pane section, even though there is one! I might do that a redesign the layout slightly.

I had breifly thought of the second option you suggest Vog, (A similar point made on MrExcel), but was hoping I'd missed something simpler. I may go down that route, just to prove I can!

Thanks for your interest folks,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Best Keyboards for Designers & Artists

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)