Email stuck in Outbox in MS Outlook on an iMac

imarcus 19:31 26 May 2017
Answered

I use MSOutlook attached to MSOffice for Mac 2011, and I find that a recent e-mail is stuck in 'out box', and I can't clear it because when I poke the 'outbox' icon it onlt displays the outbox contents for about a third of a second before switching back to the main menu. It is not long enough to highlight the miscreant e-mail and delete it. Any suggestions please?

imarcus.

HondaMan 15:40 27 May 2017

Why are there a number of items in the outbox. Do they not get sent immediately you click on "send"

imarcus 00:42 28 May 2017

There are 2 e-mails stuck in the outbox, one has 'tt503, invalid recipient', the other reckons there is too much data. MSOutlook outbox, when selected, just displays them for a couple of tenths of a second then closes before I can select a message and delete it. MSOutlook just continually attempts to resend the messages, but fails everytime.

At this juncture I cannot think of any way of interrupting the process.

I have tried rebooting the imac a couple of times to no effect.

HondaMan 11:15 28 May 2017

If you stop the app attempting to re-send the emails automatically, this should give you enough time to delete them.

Pine Man 12:37 28 May 2017
Answer

Try this

click here

imarcus 18:25 04 Jun 2017

Pine Man

The advice to switch to 'offline' did the trick -- thanks very much.

imarcus.

simonjary 06:54 06 Jun 2017

Another option would be to open your email in webmail, and delete from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

Illustrator Rose Blake gives a kid-friendly update for David Hockney's art guide A History of…

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Comment afficher des sous-titres sur Netflix ?