Hot Topics

El Capitan keychain login old and new password

TedSales 04:03 17 Apr 2020

I reset my Keychain password, thinking keychain would remember the NEW password. It didn't Now I am locked out of most of my apps and Safari.

A1297

bremner 11:47 17 Apr 2020

Have a read click here

appltechie 13:32 29 May 2020

Did you update the password for all of your apps and websites? Tip - make sure you use a different password for your accounts, otherwise it creates a security breach and you can easily be hacked. On another note, this is a problem that dates back years and it still hasn’t been addressed by Apple - check this thread. However, there’s a way to reset keychain. Unfortunately, it will clear all of your passwords, so it’s a bit of a pain as you’ll need to create new ones. Before you do that, check if there’s really a problem with all of your Keychain passwords: go to the Safari menu in the top left corner of your screen → Preferences → Passwords. Enter your Mac password. You can view the passwords if you click on them. Note that if you see a yellow triangle next to a password it means that you’re using it frequently on different websites. To reset Keychain to default, go to Applications → Utilities → Keychain access. In the top left corner of the screen, go to Keychain Access → Preferences. In the new window, click on “Reset My Default Keychains”. It’ll create new login and iCloud keychains. Hope this helps.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Why you can't get the Windows 10 May update yet

Inspiring Creative Projects in response to Pandemic & Protest

Upcoming 11in iPad Air to switch Lightning for USB-C

Déconfinement : tout savoir sur l’application StopCovid