EasyDocMerge on my Mac - how to remove it

Ikklemo 15:20 19 Nov 2015

Hi all, I have just logged on a few minutes ago to find a EasyDocMerge™ m on my Mac. How do I remove it? Not a computer expert but not a beginner either - have no idea how this got on my Mac did not knowingly download it.

Many thanks

Macworld 10:45 20 Nov 2015

Normally removing an app from a Mac is a simple case of finding it (search for it by pressing cmd+spacebar and typing in it's name). Then drag it to the trash trash and empty the trash...

However, I think that it's a spyware type app that causes a lot of problems on PCs, I wasn't aware it was haunting Macs too. Most of the advice on the web is for removing it from PCs. I think you might need to try some anti virus software for Mac - I'm not sure if Sophos's free app will do it, but perhaps it's worth a try. Will look into it...

Ikklemo 16:47 24 Nov 2015

I could not find EasyDocMerge™ anywhere on my Mac but eventually found it attached to my bookmark bar on Chrome = removed it from there and restarted my Mac and no sign of it anywhere. Hopefully cleared it

Ikklemo 17:01 24 Nov 2015

Took your advice and installed Sophos, the free version seems to be working OK. Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)