Hot Topics

Downgrade to OS X to retrieve photos from hard dis

LibbyHine18 14:25 31 Jan 2020

I have a 2017 Macbook Air currently running MAC OS Sierra 10.12.6 BUT I need to retrieve some photos from an external hard disk which requires OS X 8.6 to 10.5 - help - can I downgrade my software so I can retrieve photos. Many thanks.

Kestion 06:42 20 Feb 2020

I suspect you are conflating • booting from an external hard disk and • reading an external hard disk.
As long as you can physically plug in the drive, you should be able to read from it, I think.

Alternatively, you might mean that the photos on the external disk were managed by an older photo-management application. Offhand, I am very confident that the photo files will be there, as files, regardless. That is… do not use the Photos application on the computer; instead, use the Finder to look at the files directly.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei P40 Review

Affinity offers Photo, Designer & Publisher for Free for 3 Months

New iPhone SE could launch 'as early as today'

Comment contrôler son PC à distance avec son smartphone ?