Delete Trashed Time Machine Backups

hugheyc 19:44 12 May 2018

I have an iMac with Os 10.13.4 installed. I use Time Machine to create backups on a Seagate external drive. I tried to Manually trash some of my older backups and now can not get rid of them I have tried the sudo prices using Terminal app but It is not working for me.

My iMac drive name is “Macintosh HD” without the quotes. The name of the backup drive is “Seagate External without the quotes.

Can someone please give me the actual commands I need to use in Terminal to delete the trashed backups?

Pine Man 12:52 13 May 2018

I don't know how to delete the trashed back-ups you are stuck with but for future reference there is no need to delete any TM back-ups as it is done automatically as the external drive fills up.

Pine Man 12:54 13 May 2018

.....further to the above, does this help?

click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Gamescom 2018: Announcements, livestreams and exhibitors

Coca-Cola goes into the red with a brand new redesign

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

Comment réinitialiser un iPhone ?