Challenge getting in to iPhone 6

Trevor 18:53 21 Aug 2019

Hello Tech savvy people. I have a dilemma and a challenge for you!! My wife was given an iPhone 6 for work but the company went bust. They gave her the phone but it has been sat in a draw for 4 years. We have just decided to use it and I thought a factory reset would clear it for use. Unfortunately the phone won’t reset now without an iCloud log in which she doesn’t have the password for and it says it can’t be unlocked without either logging in to the account (no password or recovery question answers) or the owner un links it from their find my iPhone account. The owner (bust company) is not contactable. I have spoken to Apple and they say without proof of purchase there is nothing they can do because the phone could be stolen. It isn’t but I can’t provide proof of purchase. Just to confirm this is not a forgotten passcode to get into the phone. It’s post factory reset and now it won’t do anything without a log in to the Apple account which probably doesn’t even exist any more. Any of you geniuses out there have a work around as I’m stumped!!

BRYNIT 22:19 21 Aug 2019

You cannot remove an iCloud account from an iPhone without logging into the account first. The iPhone is now only useful for parts.

wee eddie 00:14 22 Aug 2019

CIA couldn't do it. I'd sell it for spares

Trevor 08:36 22 Aug 2019

Understood guys, thanks for replying. Spares it is!!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the Huawei Mate 30 launch live: Munich, September 19

Create live VFX

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Comparatif : Apple Watch Series 5 vs Series 4