Can I open PacsCube 5.1.4912 file?

helen17 12:00 29 Mar 2017

Hi. Is it possible for me to open and view a CD/file - PacsCube 5.1.4912 on my MacBook (El Capitan 10.11.6.)? Thanks. Helen

mgmcc 15:06 29 Mar 2017

It seems you may need the program OsiriX to view the DICOM images in a PacsCube file. This link is to the free "lite" version but, if you are a medical professional, the program can be bought for nearly 700 pounds UK.

helen17 17:10 03 Apr 2017

Hi mgmcc- and thanks for info. I've downloaded the OsiriX lite version but I (really) didn't think about the fact that I don't have a hard drive to play CD on the MacAir. Can I copy the CD from my iMac OSX 10.6.8 (with hard drive) onto a flash drive then open that on my MacAir and view with the OsiriX??

mgmcc 18:49 03 Apr 2017

Yes, you should be able to copy the files from the CD to a flash drive and open them from there.

helen17 11:53 05 Apr 2017

Hi. Thought I was doing well, copied CD onto SDHC card but now stuck as when opening Osiris it states I need 6GB memory to operate but I've only got a 11' MacBook Air with 4GB max. Is there any possible way around this??

mgmcc 13:26 06 Apr 2017

Their FAQ page does say that they recommend a minimum of 6GB of RAM (which seems a phenomenal amount) so I suspect there is no way around that if you are finding it won't run with 4GB.

helen17 16:52 06 Apr 2017

Hi. Just to let you I decided to take a gamble. I quitted everything I could and made sure I only tried to use the very essentials. It worked and I was able not only to view the images in Osiris but also able to export the images as MOV files playable with QuickTime Player. Thanks so much for guiding me in the right direction. Helen

mgmcc 19:26 06 Apr 2017

Great, well done. Glad you managed to get it working.

helen17 13:13 07 Apr 2017

Hi- only one more question, about Osiris....do you know if the 'lite' version is a trial version that stops after a period of time or, now I have it, I've got it.? Helen

mgmcc 16:59 07 Apr 2017

I don't know any more about the program than you do, I just did some research with Google. However, from their website, I get the impression that medical professionals would use the paid-for "Pro" version while patients wanting to view their own image results would only need the "Lite" version. There was nothing to indicate that it is "time limited" and that you then have to buy the "Pro" version.

helen17 11:36 08 Apr 2017

Thanks- advice much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)