Hot Topics

Can I just recover deleted iMessages from iPhone?

BobbyGrad 13:46 18 Aug 2015
Answered

I deleted iMessages history with my friend on my iPhone thinking that I can get the messages on my iMac. However, I can't find the messages with my friend on my iMac at home right now. I really want to get back the messages. Please help!

James Kolay 09:42 20 Oct 2015

I would like to suggest iPhone Recovery software for recover deleted imessages.

redbuckLa 03:04 28 Oct 2015

If you turn on iCloud backup with the default setting, then iMessages are included on iCloud. You can restore the iMessages directly from iCloud. However, if you only back it up in iTunes, then it won't work for in your case now. Check this step by step guide, it shows you 3 ways to recover data from iPhone, including iTunes, iCloud and especially from your local iPhone disk.

Withentrien 14:12 10 Dec 2015

Do you have any iTunes or iCloud backup that was created before the iMessage loss? If the answer is yes and the backup is up to date, just restore the iPhone from iTunes or iCloud backup and find the lost iMessages back. If you are not sure whether the lost iMessages are included in the backup file or not, and you don’t want to lose the data generated after the backup, try to extract the iMessages from the backup using an iPhone backup extractor. If you don’t have any backup or the lost iMessages cannot be found in the backup file, you may need to recover the deleted iMessages using a third-party iPhone recovery tool.

Withentrien 10:44 12 Dec 2015

Do you have any iTunes or iCloud backup that was created before the iMessage loss? If the answer is yes and the backup is up to date, just restore the iPhone from iTunes or iCloud backup and find the lost iMessages back. If you are not sure whether the lost iMessages are included in the backup file or not, and you don’t want to lose the data generated after the backup, try to extract the iMessages from the backup using an iPhone backup extractor. If you don’t have any backup or the lost iMessages cannot be found in the backup file, you may need to recover the deleted iMessages using a third-party iPhone recovery tool.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €