Can anyone save my sanity!

Sapins 11:20 31 Dec 2017

I bought an ipad 4 years ago, suddenly the menu bar, at top of the Safari page has disappeared Tommy Cooper like. I have tried to find it but all my searches have proved fruitless. I then decided to see if Apple could help, so I went on their chat line. I have never had any "help" like it, the first advisor obviously did not know what he was talking about and he suddenly closed the chat, no explanation on anything so I tried again, the second advisor did try quite hard and in the end he said there are no toolbars to access on the ipad! only on the Mac, I am quite sure there was all the time I have had the ipad, so, first question are you using Safari on an ipad and secondly have you found the toolbars and if so how did you do this. I have reverted the ipad to factory settings, no solution there. I was about to have Apple ring me back but here will bequicker and more positive.

Thanks in advance and have a really Happy New Year everyone.

Govan1x 11:42 31 Dec 2017

Just wondered if you could delete Safari then reinstall it. Not sure if you can or not. Or maybe download another Browser and use that.

Just had another thought on what you were saying about a menu bar on it. Never knew there was one maybe that's why I found it difficult to use.

I will have a look now to see how to get it.

bremner 15:56 31 Dec 2017

There is no toolbar on Safari on the iPad.

You can have the Fanourites bar through Settings > Safari

Sapins 10:19 01 Jan 2018

Thanks bremner,The advisor said as much and now I will forget about it.

Govan1x 12:11 01 Jan 2018

I suppose you could always download another browser if you are fed up with Safari.

Pine Man 13:19 01 Jan 2018

Firefox runs very well on iPads and iPhones:-)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro review

8 digital brands that designed custom typefaces to save millions

How to speed up a slow Mac

Comment résoudre des problèmes d’impressions ?