Hot Topics

camera crashing apps - macbook pro

sambaggaley 07:54 25 Mar 2020
Answered

I have tried to install some software (camtwist and camera live) to help use a dslr as a webcam, I've since deleted them but it has made every app which requires a camera unexpectedly quit (photobooth, facetime and zoom) I have reinstalled the operating system and the problem is still there, I've re-installed zoom and the problem is still there MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

Any help would be amazing! T.I.A

bremner 09:27 25 Mar 2020

I would first update to Catalina as El Cap is pretty old and see if that resolves the issue.

HondaMan 11:19 25 Mar 2020

Failing that, do a Time Machine restore from just before you installed the problematic software

Parth Siddhaye 17:55 07 Apr 2020

I have the same problem which started around the same period as sambaggaley i was using yosemite. I had never done a time machine backup but i did it and then upgraded to el capitan and the problem still persists.... If anyone has any solution apart from trying to upgrading to catalina please help!!!!

TIA Parth

sambaggaley 08:32 23 Apr 2020

Thanks. I updated to Sierra and that fixed it, so thank you. I also started to do time machine backups as I wasn't before. Thanks all

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Report says rental e-scooters will be legal on UK roads from Saturday

MC Escher: the world's first data artist?

Mystery 10-core iMac appears in Geekbench results

Les meilleures séries OCS (2020)