buying a refurbished macbook pro

Dominika Grzesik 23:37 25 May 2017

Hi, I am thinking about buying a refurbished macbook pro from USA, through official Apple website. I know it comes with a one year warranty, but can anyone help me and tell me if it is gonna work outside of USA as well, if it is international? Thanks! Z.G.

Blazing_Boy 01:25 26 May 2017

Well, the warranty is as long as i know is international, so you would be safe.

Forum Editor 08:39 29 May 2017

Warranties on all Apple devices (except iPhones) are international. iPhone warranties are only valid for the country in which the device was purchased.

Pine Man 16:10 29 May 2017

Maybe, just maybe the OP is querying whether or not the Macbook will work outside the USA.

If that is the case, and I stand to be corrected, then the answer is a conditional yes.

He will need to be aware that buying any product with a keyboard that the layout will be different. This is more of an issue with a laptop because its easy enought to get a new keyboard for a desktop. The key difference may well be that the # instead of a £ symbol on the 3 key, it is also unlikely to have a € symbol. You can change these in settings, but they won't be marked on the keyboard, which could prove annoying.

Finally there is the fact that the plug will be different - although there shouldn't be a problem with the voltage.

If I am wrong and you were concerned about the warranty being international, my apologies but I can confirm that it is certainly international.

Forum Editor 16:49 29 May 2017

The keyboard settings can easily be changed so a £ sign is generated by pressing shift-3.

Dominika Grzesik 17:16 29 May 2017

Thank you all very much :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Nest Hub Max review

Pantone has invented 294 new colours

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Google Pixel 4 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs