Brit Method. Is this a virus? How to remove?

Dagswe21 10:00 13 Nov 2016

Hello.

I have been receiving numerous emails seemingly from people I know, and as often is, they look genuine. Without the senders knowledge, of course.

But they all just re-direct me to the "Brit method" money making scheme/scam signup page. I have had these from both mac/iPad users and PC users, but this may be just a coincidence.

Please can anyone enlighten me? Is this a scam or virus? Is it harmful? How do I get rid of it? My computer knowledge is ok, but still basic compared to a 'pro'.

Any help, HUGELY appreciated, as it is filling up my mailbox, and those of friends and family. Is there a legit piece of software out there to get rid of this?

Thank you so much!!

Marco.

Govan1x 10:07 13 Nov 2016

You could try downloading Malwarebytes for a Mac and give that a run to see if it finds any problems. Not sure if that would help with mail problems though.

Can yo not right click the email and mark it as spam I have never had a Mac or whatever so maybe best waiting for someone that can give you better information. Also have a look in your contacts to make sure that there not any on there that should not be on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Windows Lite: what it is and when it might be released

Candid photography at home is helping Swedes to sell houses

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment installer Fortnite sur un Mac ?