Architect/Designers Laptop. . . .

Willtomb12345 21:28 16 Nov 2016

I need a laptop for work, its mainly going to be used for revit(bootcamp) photoshop, cad, auto cad, 3d moddelling, Bin Based Software etc. I currently have a 13'' macbook pro and love it, but it is lacking in power for what i need as a work device. I have used macs for 12 years now so wont be switching to windows based pc's before any tries. I have been looking at the new macbook pro 15'' but need to know if it has the power to do the tasks i want it too. I prefer the portability of a pro compared to an iMac, i am not a massive geek in terms of Ram etc so need some help. Heres the spec: Macbook Pro 2016 15" 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz 16GB 2133MHz memory 512GB PCIe-based SSD Radeon Pro 460 with 4GB memory Backlit Keyboard (British) & User’s Guide (English) Four Thunderbolt 3 ports Touch Bar and Touch ID

Many Thanks

Will

Forum Editor 22:41 16 Nov 2016

Moved to the Apple help forum from Tech Helproom.

mgmcc 22:55 16 Nov 2016

I currently have a 13'' macbook pro and love it, but it is lacking in power for what i need as a work device

In what way is it lacking in power - too slow a processor? Insufficient RAM? Too old a version of OSX? You haven't mentioned how old the MacBook Pro is and what operating system it is running.

Willtomb12345 20:00 17 Nov 2016

It is running intel i5 and 8GB of ram, but i need the larger screen and ram too render large projects on revit.

mgmcc 09:08 18 Nov 2016

If by "lacking power" you mean its screen is too small and 8GB of RAM is insufficient, then the MacBook Pro you mention does address both of those issues. If a 15" screen is still too small, you can always connect it to an external monitor for work tasks.

With a 2.9GHz quad-core Intel i7 processor, 16GB of RAM and an SSD drive, that will be a blindingly fast and powerful computer!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch