Hot Topics

AirPort Express/Extreme and Time Capsule

Neste 12:20 13 Jul 2020

Hello Everyone. I am thinking about getting a refurbished or second hand one of the above. Out of the three, which is the best? I have read the following article on tech advisor click here, but I would really like to hear people's opinions on these devices and get some advice on which one to go for.

mgmcc 14:12 15 Jul 2020

What do you want one of them for because they provide different features?

The AirPort Express connects to your router via a 100 Mbps connection and provides one outgoing 100 Mbps port. It is a wireless access point to which you can connect devices wirelessly and it also supports Apple AirPlay. It supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi. Although no longer sold by Apple, they did recently issue an update to its AirPlay feature.

The Airport Extreme connects to your router at 1Gbps and has three outgoing 1Gbps ports. It also supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi, but doesn't have Apple AirPlay.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 4a review

Apple updates the 27-inch iMac for 2020 with 10th-gen chips and a new screen

Greg Joswiak replaces Phil Schiller as Apple SVP of Marketing

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour animaux (2020)