Hot Topics

4k editing using MBP i7 2013 vs New Windows PC

Tech-Zero 04:54 12 Jul 2020

Planning to buy a MAC/PC for editing.

What's the advantage of buying an older Macbook Pro i7 of 2013 model with 16gb DDR 3 ram /SSD drive compared to buying a new Windows PC of same configuration but with multiple cores and DDR 4 ram/SSD drive at the same price? Apart from Final cut Pro.

Geekbench score of old Mac is much less compared to new Windows at same cost. Does that mean anything in practical use?

wee eddie 11:17 12 Jul 2020

I think that it comes down to the Software you wish to use.

Also a 2013 Model will have a limited Shelf Life - It's OS wont be supported/Upgradeable for that much longer. As opposed to a Windows 10 Model, which should be good for 10 years or so.

Camile Dai 09:26 06 Aug 2020

Agreen with Wee that it depens on the software you choose. But 4GB of RAM, in any aspect, is not good enough for editing 4k footages. In premiere: 32 GB of RAM for 4K media or higher In davinci resolve: 16/32GB+. You may take a look at hardware for 4K editing to get know the system requirement for basic and advanced video editing. Besides, click here, this video put out an review on 2013 Macbook pro (i7), might be a good reference.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft to release Surface Duo on 10 September, starting at US$1,399

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

How Apple Camp at Home can entertain your kids this summer

Les meilleurs gadgets et accessoires de camping (2020)