2017 MacBook Pro (15") - sudden keyboard issue!

sherloc987 10:48 30 Nov 2018

So I have had a beautiful journey so far with my latest MacBook Pro. Not sure how long ago, I bought myself a 2016 MacBook Pro (15") after my late 2011 MacBook Pro (15") finally broke down after six years or so.

[ HISTORY ]

Unfortunately, I think I got several issues including the high-pitched key noises, issues with the trackpad, the cracking noise ... So I went to the Apple certifed seller/repair store where I bought it from.

As from what I recall; I still had an issue after the first repair. Then after the second repair they replaced the wrong entire half of the MacBook Pro even though I told them what the issue was and where it came from. Then I was told that the store did not know how to solve my issue. Called Apple support directly, they said that they knew about the issue, there was a fix, but the store somehow did not get the information yet - even though this was an ongoing issue with many others on this forum as well and it was a certified Apple Premium Apple Reseller store. After the third repair, I got issues with the trackpad all of a sudden.

Done with this nonesense, I called Apple support again directly. They were very helpful and admitted that this was completely just ... it just went completely wrong. They sent a shipping company to pick up the old one and I soon received a 2017 model instead of a 2016 one. Awesome!

[ 2017 MBP ]

For many months my 2017 MacBook Pro (15") has been running very well! The trackpad did always sound a little ... weird sometimes when I tapped it, but honestly compared to what I went through and hoping not to go through all of that again, I was happy with the machine I had.

[ KEYBOARD ISSUE ]

Unfortunately, disaster struck again. I have a keyboard issue all of a sudden. It only appeared to me so recently that I so far found it to be specifically one key to go a little berserk; my "n"-key often registers a keypress twice, while only pressed once. By itself such a little issue, but so frustrating, having to go back and correct those "nn"s all the time when typing.

So, I thought, damn it, I paid about € 3000 for this machine, went through all that misery, and now this. I heard about the recent repair programme from Apple, as apparently I am far from the only one having this issue with this particular laptop because of things - even dust - collecting underneath their keyboard or certain keys and getting stuck.

Note that I am this kind of person who shrugs at the sight of people collecting crumbs and God knows what into their keyboard to let it sit there forever. I already shrug at the sight of fingerprints on my trackpad or keys and try to meticulously wipe it off carefully as it this was my baby. So whatever even got innto this, I assume really that I am not in the wrong here so I decided to call Apple support once again.

HondaMan 22:16 30 Nov 2018

My wife's MacBook Pro, 13 inch, 2018 had the same problem, strangely enough with the same letter "n". Apparently this is a well-known problem with some MBPs.

sherloc987 05:21 01 Dec 2018

What did you do to fix it?? click here

href

sherloc987 05:22 01 Dec 2018

Any idea how i click here can fix it??

sherloc987 05:24 01 Dec 2018

Any help click here would be nice

sherloc987 05:26 01 Dec 2018

Its click here Really annoying

HondaMan 11:46 02 Dec 2018

As mine/hers was less than 6 months old, it went back to the seller and they replaced not only the keyboard but also the logic board, all at no cost. This is a well-known fault due I suspect to a manufacturing defect.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Windows Lite: what it is and when it might be released

Candid photography at home is helping Swedes to sell houses

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment installer Fortnite sur un Mac ?