Hot Topics

17'' macbookpro problems (shut down/restart)

gp 18:35 25 Dec 2019

I am experiencing problems with a a 2010 MacBook Pro , as follows. Since 6 months ago the machine has developed a recurring bad habit of suddenly shutting down and restarting./ also sometimes not restarting. Initially I assumed this to be battery/power related issue because of very short battery life and some other indicators gleaned from trawling the net . So i subsequently replaced the internal battery.The battery life improved but I still experienced continued problems.The next step was to replace the power lead with OE apple equipment as it was in poor condition .Actually this did generally improve things ,despite an occasional shut down .But Now suddenly the machine will not charge the battery at all ,and only functions on a power lead .( with the ever present occasional shut down )

is it time to purchase a new model ? Will a new model be hugely better ?

Any help appreciated please.

bremner 17:05 27 Dec 2019

A few hundred pounds can be saved if you are happy with an Apple refurbished model

Click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 10 Launches Globally: Price, Release Date, Specs and more

Best Free, Deep Discounted tools for artists and designers 2020

How to get Apple's Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro free

Qwant moteur de recherche par défaut sur les derniers Huawei